Most of the people around are asking me “how to get windows live hotmail new email notification in the taskbar of windows 7 with IE9?”, so I decided to write this short little article on it so that those who don’t know that Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 has the cool new feature to pin your favorite websites to your Windows 7 taskbar.
IE9 released few weeks back has this cool new feature that you can simply drag and drop any website tab into your Windows 7 taskbar and you will get it there just like an application shortcut.
Windows Live Hotmail using this feature has started pushing out the new email notification in the taskbar too. Now you can see how many new emails you received since you last checked right from your Windows 7 taskbar. The above screenshot shows the example.
How to enable Windows Live Mail notification in Windows 7 Taskbar with IE9?
- [ad#ad-taalz-inpost-right]Simply open IE9.
- Go to your Windows Live Mail inbox.
- Drag and Drop the inbox tab from your IE9 window to your Taskbar of Windows 7
- Now you will simply receive this notification there in the taskbar.
- You can also check your emails right from there by click on the icon, instead of first opening IE9 and then navigating to your hotmail inbox.